The Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa is located on the peaceful Mai Khao beach and only 15 minutes from Phuket Airport. In this review I highlight the experience of the one-bedroom villa with plunge pool.
The opulent Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa is located on Mai Khao Beach’s fine sands. There are 5 restaurants, a sizable outdoor pool, and bike and running paths. The floor to ceiling windows provide lots of natural light. A separate bathtub and a walk-in shower with upscale bathroom accessories are included while pool villas provide the ultimate solitude with a private plunge pool.
My previous stays at Renaissance properties have always been wonderful. The brand is renowned for its “savvy service,” which aims to ensure a welcoming, attentive, and inclusive service culture. I had a wonderful experience at the Renaissance Bali Uluwatu Resort & Spa in the past, so I’m happy to say that I had a similarly delightful experience in Phuket.
Read about Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa and the 1 Bedroom Villa, Garden View, Plunge Pool:
- Things that I liked
- Things to know before booking
- How to get the best price
- Contact Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
- 1 Bedroom Villa, Garden View, Plunge Pool
- Main pool and Mai Khao Beach
- Breakfast Buffet
- Takieng Restaurant
- Loca Vore Restaurant
- Outdoor Yoga
- Quan Spa
Things that I liked
- Especially affordable five-star accommodations if you visit off-peak season. The cost of a private villa with a plunge pool starts from $185 USD. Keep in mind that during peak season, the identical unit might cost as much as $480 USD.
- With 117 square meters of space, the one-bedroom pool villa has a double vanity sink, a spacious bathroom with a walk-in shower, and a plunge pool for a relaxing holiday.
- Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa is located conveniently close to Phuket Inernational Airport and it is one of the best Mai Khao Beach resort options. The trip to the resort takes just 15 minutes by car, so your vacation will begin shortly after you land.
- Dining at Renaissance Phuket – from breakfast and the à la carte international menu selections at Loca Vero to the utterly exquisite Thai cuisine at Takieng restaurant, the food was fantastic. The Thai restaurant Takieng is a must try when staying at Renaissance Phuket, and I strongly recommend it.
- Quan Spa provides a comprehensive range of services including soothing spa treatments in a beautiful tropical setting. The outdoor shower added to the tropical vibe, and the massage rooms were rather roomy.
Things to know before booking
- If you are booking a villa, I suggest choosing an oceanfront view over a garden view because the price difference is not significant. In addition, the oceanfront view villas are located next to the large main pool area, the beach and the “beach bar”.
- Note that the resort is not close to a busy strolling street, bars, or local restaurant area, if these are the kinds of experiences you’re searching for.
How to get the best price
- You may save up to $300 USD per night off the villa’s maximum daily rate if you book a visit between July and October, which is considered low season. As it is the “monsoon” season, keep in mind that there is, depending on the weather, a larger likelihood of rain.
- Check Marriot’s “Deals and Packages” on their booking website that can include up to 1,000THB daily credit and 5,000 Bonus Points per stay
Contact Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
Photos | Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
1 Bedroom Villa, Garden View, Plunge Pool | Renaissance Phuket Resort
Main pool and Mai Khao Beach
Breakfast Buffet at Loca Vore | Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
Dinner at Loca Vore | Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
For general / work / booking inquiries please contact me via the CONTACT PAGE.